Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

no APs after 6.1.3.0 upgrade

Hello,

This morning I upgraded 8 controllers (1 master, 7 local) to version 6.1.3.0 of ArubaOS. Everything recovered just fine except for one local controller did not regain control of any of its APs. The controller appears to be just sitting idle. I have reloaded it twice more with no improvement.

I also see this as one of the last messages in the logs:

Feb 23 07:57:07  stm[1828]: <304001> <ERRS> |stm|  Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at data_path_handler, 633, data_path_handler: recv - Network is down

I am on the CLI via SSH so I know that the network is not actually down. Nothing was changed config wise.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Occasional Contributor II

Re: no APs after 6.1.3.0 upgrade

I just fixed the problem by causing VRRP to change states. The local controller is master again and has its APs back.

Is there an easy command to manually failover vrrp?

I used:

vrrp 1

preempt

exit

Since the local had a higher priority, it took over as I intended. 

Then I removed the preempt command "no preempt", as to keep the configuration consistent across our devices.

Dave

Aruba Employee

Re: no APs after 6.1.3.0 upgrade

You can manually shutdown the VRRP. 

(config) #vrrp 1
(config-vrrp)#shutdown

If you shutdown the VRRP, the virtual Ip address will failover to the standby controller and vice versa

Vinod Kumaar AVM ACMX, ACDX
Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks Inc.

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: