Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

not able to see TACACS packet on the packet capture on the controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  not able to see TACACS packet on the packet capture on the controller

Posted Jan 23, 2014 03:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am having issues in authenticating management client. I have decided to run the packet capture on the controller to verify the TACACS+ packet exchange between the controller and the TACACS server. 

I have enabled the packet capture on the controller using the command "packet-capture tcp all"

Still i am not able to see the TACACS packets on the packet capture in the logs.tar file. However i can see other TCP packets. 

I do see somewhere that Radius packets and LDAP packets were captured using the above command but it is mentioned anything about TACACS packet. 

Can you help me out on this why i am not able to see the TACACS packet?

Note: TACACS+ works on TCP protocol. 

• 2.  RE: not able to see TACACS packet on the packet capture on the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2014 03:18 PM

Radius uses UDP so you should not be seeing it.  Tacacs uses TCP 49 and if you use the controller packet capture for that(http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/115/160/1/Packet+Capturing+Options+with+Aruba+Wireless+Networks.pdf), you should be able to find the packet capture in the filter.pcap in the logs.tar