Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

query on vlan pool

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  query on vlan pool

Posted Jun 14, 2013 06:50 AM
    Hi All

We are having master local setup with 6.1.3.6 version. We are creating the vlan pool in both master and local controller. We have created a vlan pool with only extended vlan range (4087,4088,4089) and mapped in both master and local controller.

If we assigned this vlan pool to the vap profile then APs are showing I flag and I am able to see the error message "named vlan not mapped'. However what we saw that if we map vlan 40 to this existing vlan pool then the issue is getting resolved.

Do we have any limitation while creating vlan pool that we should not have only extended vlan range in the pool?

Please someone help me on this.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: query on vlan pool

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2013 07:00 AM

If you want to pool VLANs, just put the VLAN numbers with commas, in the Virtual AP on the master.  As long as you have those VLAN numbers on the local controller it will work.

If you define a VLAN pool name on the master, on the local controller you need to go in and add the exact same pool name and attach it to the VLANs that you want it to be attached to.  You can define a VLAN pool name on the master.  You don't have to put in the VLAN numbers on the master, but you need to define the VLAN pool on the local and put in VLANs numbers that are configured on the local controller.

• 3.  RE: query on vlan pool

Posted Jun 14, 2013 07:34 AM
    HI CJ

Thank you for your reply. I have already mapped the vlans in the vlan pool but only extended vlan range. If I map vlan 40,20, or vlan 1 to the pool then the issue getting resolved.

So we see that if we have only extended vlans in the pool then I am facing issue.

• 4.  RE: query on vlan pool

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2013 07:38 AM
    (host) (config) #vlan-name nvlanpool pool
    (host) (config) #vlan nvlanpool 2,4,5-10
    (host) (config) #show vlan mapping

Above is how you should consider doing it...

• 5.  RE: query on vlan pool

Posted Jun 14, 2013 07:57 AM
    Hi CJ

Thank you for the reply...I did the same command on the controller. However only difference is that I am adding vlan 4087,4088,4089.

Can you please try only with these vlan and check?

• 6.  RE: query on vlan pool

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2013 08:37 AM

I cannot test, but try VLAN numbers under 4000