Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

"Auto Login" on iOS / captive portal

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  "Auto Login" on iOS / captive portal

Posted Jun 11, 2012 11:50 AM

I'm working on setting up a guest network and when my iPhone connects to the wifi it automatically attempts to pop up a hot spot login page.   After about 30 seconds it shows a "Error Opening Page  Hotspot login could not open the page because the server stopped responding" error message. 

Any ideas? 

It only happens for new users when iOS defaults to "auto login". 

Default captive portal, nothing fancy.    3400 controller,  ArubaOS 6.1.2.5 version.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: "Auto Login" on iOS / captive portal

Posted Jun 11, 2012 11:53 AM

Could be failing the OCSP checks.  Search the forum for OCSP and see if the fixes listed in those threads help.

• 3.  RE: "Auto Login" on iOS / captive portal

Posted Jun 11, 2012 01:45 PM

@olino wrote:

Could be failing the OCSP checks.  Search the forum for OCSP and see if the fixes listed in those threads help.

I figured out the cause - I just haven't been able to find a solution.   Basically whats happening is it connects to the network, then pops up the login page ( in iOS ).   But its acting like its not actually connected to the wireless at that point - it was trying to load the captive portal page over 3G.     When I disabled cellular data on my phone it redirected to the internal IP and worked great. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: "Auto Login" on iOS / captive portal

Posted Jun 25, 2013 07:29 PM

I am experiencing the exact same thing...  Turning off 3g, or disabling "auto logon" fixes my problems...    Otherwise, it will not display the CP page and instead pops up with an "Error Opening Page"    The page could not be opened because an error occurred.

Aruba OS  6.1.3.4

iPhone 4 on straightalk...

-Kyal