Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

"Auto Login" on iOS / captive portal

I'm working on setting up a guest network and when my iPhone connects to the wifi it automatically attempts to pop up a hot spot login page.   After about 30 seconds it shows a "Error Opening Page  Hotspot login could not open the page because the server stopped responding" error message. 

Any ideas? 

It only happens for new users when iOS defaults to "auto login". 

Default captive portal, nothing fancy.    3400 controller,  ArubaOS 6.1.2.5 version.

Thanks

Aruba Employee

Re: "Auto Login" on iOS / captive portal

Could be failing the OCSP checks.  Search the forum for OCSP and see if the fixes listed in those threads help.

Occasional Contributor II

olino wrote:

Could be failing the OCSP checks.  Search the forum for OCSP and see if the fixes listed in those threads help.

I figured out the cause - I just haven't been able to find a solution.   Basically whats happening is it connects to the network, then pops up the login page ( in iOS ).   But its acting like its not actually connected to the wireless at that point - it was trying to load the captive portal page over 3G.     When I disabled cellular data on my phone it redirected to the internal IP and worked great. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

New Contributor

I am experiencing the exact same thing...  Turning off 3g, or disabling "auto logon" fixes my problems...    Otherwise, it will not display the CP page and instead pops up with an "Error Opening Page"    The page could not be opened because an error occurred.

Aruba OS  6.1.3.4

iPhone 4 on straightalk...

-Kyal 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: