Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

"High Noise Floor" under Dashboard > Potential Issues

If the Controller show have the "High Noise Floor" under dashboard > Potential issues, do i need take any action? Or controller will handle it?

Guru Elite

Re: "High Noise Floor" under Dashboard > Potential Issues

The controller will try to avoid the channel, but with only 3 available channels in the 2.4ghz range, it would be best to identify what could be causing the interference and remove it if possible so that your clients will perform better.  What is the noise reading?  If it is --85 to -100 that is not bad, at all...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

I apologize in advance for the newbie question but I to am seeing high noise floor -77 and -72 on two of my AP's. What can/should I be looking for in the way of interference?
MVP

You should also look the amount of retries and check the AP neighbors to see if there's any other devices using overlapping channels

If you execute the following command it  should provide enough information :

show ap arm rf- summary ap-name <ap-name>

show ap arm neighbors ap-name <ap-name>

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor II

I'll give it a try. Thanks.
MVP

In 2.4GHz you'll be concerned with cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, microwaves, and other access points. Is that where you're seeing?

You can enable spectrum monitoring on those APs if you'd like try to discover the sources of interference.
=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Contributor II

yes primarily in the 2.4 range. How do I turn on Spectrum monitoring exactly?

MVP

[ Edited ]

In your radio profiles you can change the mode of your APs to one of the following: am-mode, ap-mode, spectrum-mode (hybrid mode).  am-mode = air monitor, doesn't serve clients.  ap-mode = standard ap.  spectrum-mode = spectrum monitoring.  If you select ap-mode, you there will be a check box to enable Spectrum Monitoring.  The AP will operate in hybrid mode, serving clients and performing spectrum monitoring simultaneously.

CLI example:

rf dot11a-radio-profile "dot11a_radio_profile"

mode ap-mode
spectrum-monitoring

Chapter 34 of the Aruba OS User Guide talks about Spectrum Analysis.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Contributor II

Awesome. Thanks

Contributor II

I have noticed that one of the AP's has neighbors with overlapping channels. I thought the controller determines the best channel to use for each AP. I suppose I am able to hardcode the channel for a particular AP...how is that done? Should I muck with that? We are using 105's.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: