Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

"Write failed: Broken pipe" during the putty session

we get this error "Write failed: Broken pipe" during the putty session and the session ends

Aruba Employee

Re: "Write failed: Broken pipe" during the putty session

Hi Rakshit,

Could you let us know on which product are you facing this issue? Is it Airwave/Clearpass or Controller?

It's possible that your server closes connections that are idle for too long. 

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)
MVP

This broken pipe error basically means that the ssh session was terminated or blocked. This may happen when IP addresses change (client or server), a firewall in between drops the session (because of inactivity), systems going into sleep and waking up when the server disconnected the session because it could no longer communicate, or the connectivity between client and server (and vice versa) is interrupted. Basically is says that the connection was interrupted (so it is not that the connection is interrupted after of the message).

It may help if you can explain the situation, from what client are you connecting to what kind of server (AP, Controller, Airwave, ClearPass, anything else) and under what circumstances you see these broken pipe errors. Please contact Aruba TAC if you need assistance in troubleshooting, as this feels like something that is good to have someone live looking with you to the issue.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Occasional Contributor I

This issue occurs when we try to access the virtual controller in a citrix putty session.

Also this occurs during the troubleshooting so there is no idle time

Occasional Contributor I

We are trying to access the virtual controller of the client site using the citrix session (Putty)

eg:virtual controller asset name:ssh vc ip user xyz

when we enter this area error occurs and the session terminates

Also what would be the best number to reach out aruba TAC

MVP

To get contact details for Aruba support:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: