Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

"can't do cli:" web interface errors

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  "can't do cli:" web interface errors

Posted Jul 06, 2012 11:31 AM

just today i started getting errors using the GUI of my 650 controller.  the erros occur any time i click on any menue item.  i've seen the following errors.

"can't do cli"

"can't do cli: system error: -2146697208" 

"can't do cli: invalid xml"

to make sure it wasn't the result of something i did in the programming i wiped the config and then restored the controller with a known good barebones basline.  i am still getting the errors.  

from the CLI i queried the system log and found several errors including the following:

An internal system error has occurred at file msghh.c function msghh_papi_rcv_cb line 79 error Unexpected message from 127.0.0.1:8405 code 0.

i'm not sure what is going on here?  is my controller dying?  

• 2.  RE: "can't do cli:" web interface errors

Posted Jul 06, 2012 11:32 AM

Which AOS release ?

• 3.  RE: "can't do cli:" web interface errors

Posted Jul 06, 2012 12:05 PM
    6.1.2.3-FIPS

• 4.  RE: "can't do cli:" web interface errors

Posted Jul 06, 2012 04:05 PM

Is this issue happening when you are logged in from CLI and webUI both at the same time?

• 5.  RE: "can't do cli:" web interface errors

Posted Jul 06, 2012 04:38 PM

i was logged into both which is pretty typical of how i work on this piece of lab gear.  i just tested to see if it made a difference and oddly, after misbehaving the entire morning, i can't recreate the problem now.  the web GUI is running error free.