Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

"no vap" message in console output

[ Edited ]

We sometimes see the following message in console output of APs:

[ 170.890349] ASAP_FIREWALL_REM_MCAST: 1344 0 0 0, no vap

Could someone explain what this means please? In the case I'm currently looking at the AP appears to be up and broadcasting and has clients. It is an AP225 (single connection used).

Is there a general guide/explanation of the console boot-up output anywhere?

Thank you

Guru Elite

Re: "no vap" message in console output

What version of ArubaOS is this?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Hi Colin,

It's 6.4.3.7

Guru Elite

Where you see it and how frequently you see it in the output matters.  I guess it would be hard to say if you only see it intermittently how frequently you would see it.  We would have to open a case and get your logs to determine what in your configuration in triggering that message.  Please PM me if you would like to do so.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Thanks Colin,

I think our wireless manager is opening a case about this particular AP so I'll give the logs to him to pass on to his contact, I just wondered if there was a simple answer, but sounds like it depends on lots of factors.

MVP

Most of those messages are prces based (one thing waiting on another to start up before it can take action, etc), so most of those you can ignore. There's no published guide anywhere that I have ever seen that explains each and every console message, usually engineering has something they use as pointers to help run down issues in TAC. If it's popping up in the middle of the logs or right after the AP finishes booting, but then establishes a connection later on, I would ignore it. If you are having performance or stability issues, open a TAC case and they may ask to see the entire console output.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: