Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

"no vap" message in console output

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  "no vap" message in console output

Posted May 03, 2016 04:41 AM

We sometimes see the following message in console output of APs:

[ 170.890349] ASAP_FIREWALL_REM_MCAST: 1344 0 0 0, no vap

Could someone explain what this means please? In the case I'm currently looking at the AP appears to be up and broadcasting and has clients. It is an AP225 (single connection used).

Is there a general guide/explanation of the console boot-up output anywhere?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: "no vap" message in console output

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2016 05:15 AM

What version of ArubaOS is this?

• 3.  RE: "no vap" message in console output

Posted May 03, 2016 05:26 AM

Hi Colin,

It's 6.4.3.7

• 4.  RE: "no vap" message in console output

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2016 06:57 AM

Where you see it and how frequently you see it in the output matters.  I guess it would be hard to say if you only see it intermittently how frequently you would see it.  We would have to open a case and get your logs to determine what in your configuration in triggering that message.  Please PM me if you would like to do so.

• 5.  RE: "no vap" message in console output

Posted May 03, 2016 07:22 AM

Thanks Colin,

I think our wireless manager is opening a case about this particular AP so I'll give the logs to him to pass on to his contact, I just wondered if there was a simple answer, but sounds like it depends on lots of factors.

• 6.  RE: "no vap" message in console output

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2016 09:29 AM

Most of those messages are prces based (one thing waiting on another to start up before it can take action, etc), so most of those you can ignore. There's no published guide anywhere that I have ever seen that explains each and every console message, usually engineering has something they use as pointers to help run down issues in TAC. If it's popping up in the middle of the logs or right after the AP finishes booting, but then establishes a connection later on, I would ignore it. If you are having performance or stability issues, open a TAC case and they may ask to see the entire console output.