Wireless Access

New Contributor

"show auth-tracebuf mac" No result

Hi , 

I've enabled user debug for some mac addresses.

The strange thing is when I'v executing "#show auth-tracebuf mac" , i get no results 

show auth-tracebuf mac 00:17:23:f0:52:bf

Warning: user-debug is enabled on one or more specific MAC addresses;
only those MAC addresses appear in the trace buffer.

Auth Trace Buffer
-----------------

(wlc1) #show debug

DEBUG LEVELS
------------
Facility Level Debug Value Sub Category Process
-------- ----- ----------- ------------ -------
user-debug debugging 00:17:23:f0:52:bf N/A N/A

Guru Elite

Re: "show auth-tracebuf mac" No result

There is not a large buffer for that command.  If you have a busy network, you need to run that command right after that client authenticates, otherwise the logs will wrap.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I don't think that's the case because when I run "show auth-tracebuf" I can see records for 2 months ago. don't know why, but seems it stoped working since two months ago

Guru Elite

You should remove that mac address from the user-debug table and see if you see the auth-tracebuf of any new authentications.

This is my last guess:  you might have had the clock set wrong for the entry two months ago.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

After removing mac addresses from user-debug, I could see real-time results for "show auth-tracebuf" , but after adding mac addresses again , same thing happened , no additional results

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: