Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

restrict access between ap groups

I have about 30 ap gropus.  I have no rules about access between the groups.  I have a situation that I need to make sure that any users in one particular ap group are isolated from the rest of the users in all the other groups. 

I am more interested in where to go to learn how to do this but if it is simple then show me the way.

thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

Guru Elite

Re: restrict access between ap groups

Is each group tied to a different vlan?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Same Vlan.

This ap group is in a building far enough a way that it is not seen wirelessly by any other buildings.  I configured a seperate SSID and deployed it to the ap group.  I was wondering if there was something in the controller that would be able to keep the activity on the new SSID seperate from the other ap-groups with different SSIDs. 

I hope that was clear.

Guru Elite

When you say "keep it separate" do you mean they would not be able to contact other users?  If you need true separation, you would need a separate VLAN.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks for the input.  In the end I followed cjoseph's advice and created a seperate VLAN. It is working as expected.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: