Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

route ACL: how to apply a match for an application?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  route ACL: how to apply a match for an application?

Posted Oct 07, 2017 09:12 AM

Hello

I want to apply a route ACL to a user role to split tunnel traffic matching an appliation like office365 but the first match is always the ALC statement for the network any any. The question is how can I apply a route ACL to match an application before passing the ACL statement base on the Layer 3 ( source/destination network ) ?

Here is the configuration:

ip access-list route no-split-tunnel
    user any any route ipsec-map default-vpnip-local-ipsecmap
    user any app salesforce forward app-position 2
    user any app okta route ipsec-map default-vpnip-local-ipsecmap app-position 1
    user any app speedtest forward app-position 5
    user any app office365 forward app-position 3
    user any app box-net forward app-position 4
    !

Thanks

• 2.  RE: route ACL: how to apply a match for an application?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2017 11:37 AM

I don't believe that apprf rules can be applied to a split-tunneled SSID, because Apprf rules need to be evaluated on the controller, which would require a tunneled SSID.  A split-tunneled SSID's firewall traffic is evaluated on the AP itself (usually a Remote ap).

• 3.  RE: route ACL: how to apply a match for an application?

Posted Oct 07, 2017 12:47 PM
    Thank you For the quick answer. Actually I plan to implement this route ACL on my Branch controllers.
    Im able to add on top of the ACL a rule using svc-http and svc-https to no-split this traffic and leave the rest locally and being NATted at the Branch but what I want to achieve is only allow my corporate cloud base applications doing split tunnel at the remote locations and all the rest back to my VPNC/Corporate.
    Is there a way to do this ?
    Thanks
    Antonio

• 4.  RE: route ACL: how to apply a match for an application?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2017 03:17 PM

If they are cloud applications, most likely they cannot be identified by subnet.  Are there any other characterisitics that would enable you to define those cloud applications?

• 5.  RE: route ACL: how to apply a match for an application?

Posted Oct 07, 2017 04:01 PM
    Box, office365, Service-now, Salesforce