Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

scripting langauge for AP commands!

Hello everyone,

If anyone could help me with the following I would be very thankful. So far I have found this site to be full of knowledgable people!

1- What language could a network manager use to write the script for a potential function whose psedocode is the following:

show ap monitor ap-list ap-name <name of the ap>
for each one of the specific AP's
  do:
  show ap arm state specific-ap-name <name of the specifi ap>

2- Also, how would we write the loop in the above example?

If there is any confusion with the question, don't hesistate to send me a private message. Thank you,

Henry S. 

Guru Elite

Re: scripting langauge for AP commands!

I would use Airrecorder:  Login to support.arubanetworks.com go to Tools> Airrecorder Folder

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

cjoseph wrote:

I would use Airrecorder:  Login to support.arubanetworks.com go to Tools> Airrecorder Folder

What does one need to do to make Airrecorder show up under as a downloadable option? When I follow your link it just has an option to "Folder Up" and "Mail Documents".

Frequent Contributor II

networknewb wrote:

Hello everyone,

If anyone could help me with the following I would be very thankful. So far I have found this site to be full of knowledgable people!

1- What language could a network manager use to write the script for a potential function whose psedocode is the following:

show ap monitor ap-list ap-name <name of the ap>
for each one of the specific AP's
  do:
  show ap arm state specific-ap-name <name of the specifi ap>

2- Also, how would we write the loop in the above example?

If there is any confusion with the question, don't hesistate to send me a private message. Thank you,

Henry S. 

Without knowing anything about Airrecorder; I would use Perl and a foreach loop. Where are you getting the names for <name of the specific ap>? Are you attempting to get it from show ap monitor ap-list ap-name <name of the ap> or using the same ap-name for both statements? When I run that command I only get back the bssid of the AP that it hears. If you want to get the ap-name from that command you may have to limit the result to | include valid and then pump that result into show ap bss-table | include <bssid> and then you can get the name to use in the show ap arm state ap-name command. It looks like the most complicated part would be to regex the values you want out to feed into the next command.

You can reference a perl tutorial I did to get you started: [Tutorial] Running CLI commands remotely using Perl Jan14-Tutorial

Again, I've never used Airrecorder so it may provide a more elegant solution.

Hope this helps,

Rosie

On AirWave, there's a script (written in perl) called on_controllers that's a good starting point for this.  By default, it sshes into all controllers and runs one command, then prints the output and optionally emails it.  It's pretty easy for somebody with some programming know-how to update it to do other stuff.

Guru Elite

An initial tutorial for Airrecorder is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/AirRecorder-Tutorial-Part-1/ta-p/157646

The Application is here:  Login to support.arubanetworks.com go to Tools> Airrecorder Folder

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

thanks; it would be wonderful if you could point the exact url from which I could download the AirRecorder-1.2.16-release.jar.

I attached a screenshot of what I see when I navigate to the download link you provided.

Guru Elite

You need to login to the support site.  Unfortunately, they show the folder for un-authenticated users, but they should show the login.  Let me see what I can do about this....

Colin Joseph

Guru Elite

Okay, you need to login to the support site, then go to Tools> Airrecorder Folder.  Let me change the post.

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor II

The Air Recorder folder still has no files/ listed for my account. Is there something that I need to do in order to gain access to that tool?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: