Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

securelogin.arubanetworks.com certificate not verified

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  securelogin.arubanetworks.com certificate not verified

Posted Jan 14, 2015 06:39 PM

I am trying to understand why our ipads pop up with a "not verified" when making connection to my aruba.

According to this  Aruba Doc version 6+ of ArubaOS uses GeoTrust as their CA and screenshot 1 confirms that the cert is secured by "GeoTrust Global CA"

This Apple Doc shows that IOS 8 trusts "GeoTrust Global CA" serial 144470 and screenshot 2 shows the cert is 144470...

so I do not understand why it pops up with a "Not Verified" when making a connection to my network.

Can anyone illuminate me?

MArk

• 2.  RE: securelogin.arubanetworks.com certificate not verified

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 07:19 PM
    There are many posts on this topic. Certificate trust is per connection profile (SSID). 

Unless you pre configure the device, you will always get a certificate prompt when using PEAP. This is normal part of the server verification process. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: securelogin.arubanetworks.com certificate not verified

Posted Jan 15, 2015 01:12 PM

Thanks Tim!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the point of having CA"s if it still prompts with an "unverified" dialog?

• 4.  RE: securelogin.arubanetworks.com certificate not verified

Posted Aug 24, 2016 11:05 PM

Is Geo present in the servers certificate store? The root CA certificate  (netsol) the secondary issuer (GoDaddy) uses must be installed and not expired or you will get this message. The cert should have come with both certs.

• 5.  RE: securelogin.arubanetworks.com certificate not verified

Posted Jan 31, 2018 11:52 PM