Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

self-sign certificate for WebUI Management Authentication

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  self-sign certificate for WebUI Management Authentication

Posted Mar 16, 2017 08:54 AM

I have followed a number of guides for creating a self-sign certificate to use with my controller with no avail, i have ArubaOS 5.0.2.1.

everytime i upload one and assign it to WebUI Management Authentication, after login it loads just the ui front page but all others load blanks.

• 2.  RE: self-sign certificate for WebUI Management Authentication

Posted Mar 16, 2017 09:25 AM

Have you tried from another browser to see if the other pages load?   Also, try deleting the cache on the browser in question and try again.

Lastly, is there a particular reason you are still running on 5.0.x code?

• 3.  RE: self-sign certificate for WebUI Management Authentication

Posted Mar 16, 2017 10:08 AM

I just recently inherit this with that ver. and notice the revoke cert, easly follow the endless instructions for creating self-sign certs but no luck, always end up removing the cert via ssh web-server no switch-cert

• 4.  RE: self-sign certificate for WebUI Management Authentication

Posted Mar 17, 2017 09:04 AM

I upload another certificate created with openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout cert.pem -out cert.pem -days 3650 -nodes

also tried: Generate-self-signed-certificate-with-OpenSSL/ta-p/275357

and: How-do-I-generate-an-OpenSSL-self-signed-certificate-in-pem/ta-p/177148

to name a few.

uploaded and nothing just the front page which i can login and view the first page nothing more.

Front page after login:

aruba1.png

trying to browse away:

aruba2.png

have flush dns, delete cache, different browsers