Wireless Access

New Contributor

setting up simple DHCP

I want to setup a DHCP range on the same subnet as the enterprise.

When I setup the VLAN, I keep getting the same message... "ERROR: subnet for DHCP XXXXX is overlapping local interface IP"

Attached is the actual VLAN setups I have. What are the correct SSID and VLAN settings to accomplish this?

Capture20160815b.JPG

MVP

Re: setting up simple DHCP

You cannot add a DHCP scope which includes the IP address of the IAP. Try adding an exclusion for the IAP address and then adding the scope afterwards.

David
ACDX #98 | ACMP | ACCP
New Contributor

Re: setting up simple DHCP

Got it.

Then my other option would be to make the IAP static address outside of the enterprise subnet. Then set the scope to be the range I want.

Thanks!

~ terry o.

Terry Oplinger
http://www.seidor.us
[cid:imageb3d4f2.JPG@6dfcbdaa.479cfe05]

Tel: +1 248-295-0998
17177 Laurel Park Drive, Ste. 137
Livonia, MI 48152
USA

[cid:image36fd97.GIF@70627545.47b57396]

Antes de imprimir este mensaje, asegúrese de que sea imprescindible. Proteger el medio ambiente está a nuestro alcance.
Before printing this message, make sure it is absolutely necessary. Protecting our environment is always our decision and responsibility.

La información que contiene este correo electrónico es confidencial y compete exclusivamente al destinatario. Si Vd ha recibido esta comunicación por error, por favor, notifíquelo inmediatamente al remitente y borre el mensaje junto con sus ficheros anexos sin leerlo, copiarlo, grabarlo, distribuirlo o divulgarlo o hacer cualquier otro uso de la información sin el consentimiento de la empresa. El correo electrónico vía Internet no permite asegurar la confidencialidad o correcta recepción de los mensajes, por lo que la Empresa no asume responsabilidad alguna por los daños causados.

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the above named addressee. If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it, and all its attached documents. If you are not the intended recipient, you are expressly prohibited from reading, copying, distributing, disseminating or, in any other way, using any of the information without the company consent. Please note that Internet e-mail guarantees neither the confidentiality nor the proper receipt of the message sent, so that the Company shall not be liable for any damages caused.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: