Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

shows high utilization in 2.4 GHz

Hi Aruba,

We are using 3 Aruba accesspoint 115 model. we are facing network slow issue only in 2.4 ghz device. its shows high utlization ie 90 % in 2.4 ghz and in 5 ghz it is working normal. total devices connected with all the  access point is 110.can anyone help 

Re: shows high utilization in 2.4 GHz

To confirm that is 110 concurrent devices all connected on 2.4Ghz over 3 AP's? What type of traffic are these clients using? The 2.4Ghz band is always extremely utilised due to only 3 non-overlapping channels being available for use. I expect there is a high numbering of 2.4Ghz neighbouring networks also causing high channel usage.

Do you have band steering available and are the clients being steering to 5Ghz? Do you any non-802.11 devices nearby which are causing interference? You can confirm this if you convert an AP to a Spectrum Monitor.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

only 10 to 20 device will have 2.4 ghz. some 802.11 device is visible nearby our office . will it cause high utlization?. how to avoid that interference.

only 10 to 20 device will have 2.4 ghz.some other companies access point is visible nearby  our network which may have 802.11. will it cause high cpu utlization. how to avoid interference of that devices

If you can, disable the 2.4Ghz band or at least move the clients to 5Ghz. If you have an external interference source (such as a Microwave, CCTV etc) remove this as well.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985

here i attached our RF mode configuration in our aruba device

Can you provide the outputof the following please

#show ap arm history
#show ap arm neighbors
#show ap arm rf-summary

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
Guru Elite

pprince2886@gmail.com wrote:

here i attached our RF mode configuration in our aruba device

Do you have broadcast filtering enabled on any of your SSIDs?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: