Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

slow mesh link

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  slow mesh link

Posted Feb 03, 2014 09:38 AM
      |   view attached

I have inherited a mesh link issue that is being reported as slow - having a look through the profiles I notice that the a-radio profile does not have a secondary channel set (attached screenshot) does this mean that the link will not channel bond. The link is made up of two 134's with both interfaces on each connected into switch trunk porrts.

• 2.  RE: slow mesh link

Posted Feb 05, 2014 05:21 AM

I've downloaded the tech-support files from the mesh devices and it shows the following -

Neighbor list
    -------------
    MAC                Portal             Channel  Age  Hops  Cost  Relation        Flags  RSSI  Rate Tx/Rx  A-Req  A-Resp  A-Fail  HT-Details   Cluster ID
    ---                ------             -------  ---  ----  ----  --------        -----  ----  ----------  -----  ------  ------  ----------   ----------
    d8:c7:c8:xx:xx:xx  d8:c7:c8:xx:xx:xx  132      0    1     1.00  C 7d:0h:1m:46s  -      31    54/54       1      1       0       Unsupported  cluster_Mesh_1
    d8:c7:c8:xx:xx:xx  d8:c7:c8:xx:xx:xx  132      0    1     1.00  N 7d:0h:1m:44s  -      31    -           0      0       0       Unsupported  cluster_Mesh_1

Total count: 2, Children: 1

Does the RateTx/Rx 54/54 mean that its only running at 54mbps???

• 3.  RE: slow mesh link

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2014 06:00 AM

There should also be a mesh HT profile, under the mesh profile.  54 just means that is what it negotiated, not what it is configured for.

• 4.  RE: slow mesh link

Posted Feb 05, 2014 06:42 AM

Ahh I was looking under the regular radio profiles. It seems that HT is not enabled under the mesh HT SSID profile - I guess this is why there is an issue with bandwidth across the link.

• 5.  RE: slow mesh link

Posted Feb 05, 2014 07:11 AM

Also how do I determine if it using 40MHZ?

• 6.  RE: slow mesh link

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2014 07:14 AM

The mesh channel will have an HT if you are using 802.11n.  It will have a + or - if it is using 40mhz channels.  At some distances outdoors, 40mhz is not always what you want to do, however...http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/2x2-vs-3x3-wireless-bridge/m-p/137253

• 7.  RE: slow mesh link

Posted Feb 05, 2014 07:21 AM

I read this post while I was hunting for some info on this - the link is less than the 50m mentioned but probably further than 20m. I went up to the site about two years ago so I'm working from memory. I will bear this in mind when i report back to the customer.

Thank you.