Wireless Access

Super Contributor II

slow mesh link

I have inherited a mesh link issue that is being reported as slow - having a look through the profiles I notice that the a-radio profile does not have a secondary channel set (attached screenshot) does this mean that the link will not channel bond. The link is made up of two 134's with both interfaces on each connected into switch trunk porrts.

Super Contributor II

Re: slow mesh link

I've downloaded the tech-support files from the mesh devices and it shows the following -

Neighbor list
-------------
MAC                Portal             Channel  Age  Hops  Cost  Relation        Flags  RSSI  Rate Tx/Rx  A-Req  A-Resp  A-Fail  HT-Details   Cluster ID
---                ------             -------  ---  ----  ----  --------        -----  ----  ----------  -----  ------  ------  ----------   ----------
d8:c7:c8:xx:xx:xx  d8:c7:c8:xx:xx:xx  132      0    1     1.00  C 7d:0h:1m:46s  -      31    54/54       1      1       0       Unsupported  cluster_Mesh_1
d8:c7:c8:xx:xx:xx  d8:c7:c8:xx:xx:xx  132      0    1     1.00  N 7d:0h:1m:44s  -      31    -           0      0       0       Unsupported  cluster_Mesh_1

Total count: 2, Children: 1

Does the RateTx/Rx 54/54 mean that its only running at 54mbps???

Guru Elite

There should also be a mesh HT profile, under the mesh profile.  54 just means that is what it negotiated, not what it is configured for.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor II

Ahh I was looking under the regular radio profiles. It seems that HT is not enabled under the mesh HT SSID profile - I guess this is why there is an issue with bandwidth across the link.

Super Contributor II

Also how do I determine if it using 40MHZ?

Guru Elite

The mesh channel will have an HT if you are using 802.11n.  It will have a + or - if it is using 40mhz channels.  At some distances outdoors, 40mhz is not always what you want to do, however...http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/2x2-vs-3x3-wireless-bridge/m-p/137253

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor II

I read this post while I was hunting for some info on this - the link is less than the 50m mentioned but probably further than 20m. I went up to the site about two years ago so I'm working from memory. I will bear this in mind when i report back to the customer.

Thank you.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: