Wireless Access

Contributor II

spectrum interference

I have classrooms with excessive spectrum interferrence. WAPS are in the ceiling, drop ceilings. There are ceiling mounted projectors. Do projectors cause non-RF interferrence and has anyone had workarounds? 

Guru Elite

Re: spectrum interference

Please show us your spectrum data and that would allow us to narrow down what could be happening here.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

attached are random spectrum captures throughtout this particular building/classrooms, each classroom having projectors. and AP are within the projection direction.

Guru Elite

Interference is sometimes avoidable and you have to work around it.

With regards to the projectors, in my humble experience, even if they use wifi, they only cause significant problems if the Wifi is using alot of bandwidth.

With that being said, do you have a problem with clients?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

There are problems with clients through the campus. I cant for sure say the issues with this articular building but more than likely yes. The spectrum data looks very choppy and the projects pointing in the direction of the WAPs was my first suspetion.

Guru Elite

Are these clients that you manage?  What kind of problems, on what kind of SSID.  Spectrum does not tell the whole story.  It could cause some, none or all of the issue.

Colin Joseph

Contributor II

I'm currenlty working through the issues. If projectors are not a common issue with wifi then Im good with that. Thanks !

Frequent Contributor I

You might check to see if those projectors are broadcasting an SSID.

That would certainly cause trouble. If there are simply connecting as clients then I would not expect any problems.

Not aware of projectors themselves causing interference.  I suppose it's possible but seems unlikely. If the projectors have a provision for grounding then be sure to make use of it.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: