Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

standalone controller configuration

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  standalone controller configuration

Posted Mar 29, 2015 12:29 AM

Hi,

I need to configure a standalone contorller with open authencation / captiveportal authencation with single controller, if any one had done perviously please let me know how to configure.  

• 2.  RE: standalone controller configuration
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2015 09:49 AM

Please review the Captive Portal Internal/External Solution Exchange or the Captive Portal Authentication section of the user guide:

Solution Exchange: https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/3

User Guide: http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Captive_Portal.htm%3FTocPath%3DCaptive%2520Portal%2520Authentication%7C_____0

Or the Captive Portal Authentication section of the user guide, it should explain the process.

• 3.  RE: standalone controller configuration

Posted Mar 29, 2015 11:21 AM

what type of forwarding mode to be selected while using  single controller with internal captive portal authentication is used. here we do not have DMZ controller for tunnel the traffice

• 4.  RE: standalone controller configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 29, 2015 11:24 AM
    Tunnel

Thanks,
    Tim

• 5.  RE: standalone controller configuration

Posted Mar 29, 2015 11:48 AM

Then where should be tunneled traffice to forwarded,pic.jpg

Tim, 

the above is my setup, firewall is the default gateway for client who are authenticated through captive portal and firewall serves the DHCP ip address for clients. could you please explain me how do i achive the above setup. if you have any templetes please forward me 

• 6.  RE: standalone controller configuration
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 29, 2015 10:27 PM

In tunnel mode, the traffic will be tunneled from the AP to the controller where it will be switched out to the local network (in your case up to the firewall).