Wireless Access

4me
Contributor I

standalone controller configuration

Hi,

I need to configure a standalone contorller with open authencation / captiveportal authencation with single controller, if any one had done perviously please let me know how to configure.  

Aruba

Re: standalone controller configuration

Please review the Captive Portal Internal/External Solution Exchange or the Captive Portal Authentication section of the user guide:

Solution Exchange: https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/3

User Guide: http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Captive_Portal.htm%3FTocPath%3DCaptive%2520Portal%2520Authentication%7C_____0

Or the Captive Portal Authentication section of the user guide, it should explain the process.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

4me
Contributor I

what type of forwarding mode to be selected while using  single controller with internal captive portal authentication is used. here we do not have DMZ controller for tunnel the traffice

Guru Elite

Tunnel

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
4me
Contributor I

Then where should be tunneled traffice to forwarded,pic.jpg

Tim, 

the above is my setup, firewall is the default gateway for client who are authenticated through captive portal and firewall serves the DHCP ip address for clients. could you please explain me how do i achive the above setup. if you have any templetes please forward me 

Guru Elite

In tunnel mode, the traffic will be tunneled from the AP to the controller where it will be switched out to the local network (in your case up to the firewall).

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: