Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

take remote access on computer behind virtual controler manager

Hi,

I use a aruba system for my wireless access, i installed virtual controller manager to use DHCP of aruba to allow IP address on the customer computers.

Now my customer computers have a virtual IP adress 172.XX.XX.XX but if i want to take remote access on customer computer, I can't. virtual IP address is not reachable from for example VNC tools.

Do you have an idea, how can I take the remote control behind virtual controller management.

Than you in advance.

Best regards,

Chabin972

Guru Elite

Re: take remote access on computer behind virtual controler manager

Is your network aware that a 172.x.x.x address exists there?  You need a route to 172.x.x.x for it to work.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Valued Contributor II

Hi Friend,

Please clarify the following,

1. Are you using IAP or Campus APs with Controllers ?

2. Did you configure the gateway for your controller ?

3. Are you able to reach the required subnet ( 172.X.X.X) from the wired clients or devices ?

IP Reachbility mainly depends on 3 factors, 

1. ARP table

2. Route to reach the required subnet

3. Gateway configuration

Please clarify the above and feel free for any further query on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]

Hello, 

thanks for you reply, I thougt with the virtual controller, I didn't think I have to make a route. I will test that and will make you a feedback.

Hi Puduchery Venu,

thanks for your reply, to answer your questions:

1. Are you using IAP or Campus APs with Controllers ?

I use Campus AP

2. Did you configure the gateway for your controller ?

No, i just given to my controller an IP address, and I let the defaut configuration

3. Are you able to reach the required subnet ( 172.X.X.X) from the wired clients or devices ?

No i can reach the required subnet (virtual), the virtual controller use a NAT for the devices on virtual network 172.x.x.x  to my campus network.

Valued Contributor II

Hi Friend,

As per the snapshot attached, you are using IAP ( not the Controller based campus AP). now the work around for this issue is,

1. configure the default GW for the IAP. select advanced options in System menu as shown bellow.

2. take SSH and ping the required subnet. if it is successful, your clients also ping successfully.

IAP1.JPG

Once you finish the above let me know the result and feel free for any further query on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]

dhanraj_puduchery@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi Friend,

As per the snapshot attached, you are using IAP ( not the Controller based campus AP). now the work around for this issue is,

1. configure the default GW for the IAP. select advanced options in System menu as shown bellow.

2. take SSH and ping the required subnet. if it is successful, your clients also ping successfully.

IAP1.JPG

Once you finish the above let me know the result and feel free for any further query on this.

Hi 

Just for infirmation,yesterday, I installed 19 aruba IAP (92-93-102 and 103) but the controller can manage only 16 IAP. 

Thank in advance.

Chabin972

dhanraj_puduchery@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi Friend,

IAP1.JPG

Hi 

Just for infirmation,yesterday, I installed 19 aruba IAP (92-93-102 and 103) but the controller can manage only 16 IAP. 

Thank in advance.

Chabin972

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: