Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

the split part of the split tunnel does not work

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  the split part of the split tunnel does not work

Posted Feb 04, 2013 03:14 AM

I have configured a number of RAP's in different geographic locations.

They all share the same config (ie not copy-pasted, but by reference)

Remote wifi clients exit the tunnel in HQ and can access HQ resources (internet, RDP...) just fine.

Although the VAP's have Forwarding set to "split tunnel", remote clients that want to use remote resources come out of the tunnel in HQ and are routed back towards the remote site.

Thanks for any advice.

Ward

• 2.  RE: the split part of the split tunnel does not work

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2013 06:07 AM

There are quite a few articles in the knowledgebase about configuring and diagnosing split tunnel problems.  Please do a search and look at the results in knowledgebase.  One article on configuration is here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-541

• 3.  RE: the split part of the split tunnel does not work

Posted Feb 04, 2013 06:22 AM

Will do that.

Thank you for the link.

Ward

• 4.  RE: the split part of the split tunnel does not work

Posted Feb 05, 2013 07:47 AM

I got split tunneling to work. I have an aesthetics question remaining.

My network is a-typical in that remote sites live on a private mpls-vpn network ie they don't have a proper internet connection.

So I had to define 3 rules in the following sequence :

1. a dhcp permit rule

2. a " src-nat route " rule for all destinations local to the RAP

3. a fallthrough rule that 'permits' all remaining traffic over the ipsec tunnel toward HQ

Now for the question : I want to configure splittunneling for 13 sites with a minimum of configuration.

The "src-nat route" expects a "network alias", which means I have 13 separate policies to define, followed by 13 separate roles, 13 aaa profiles etc

Is it possible to replace the explicit "network alias" with a "reference" to the network where 'this' RAP happens to live, which would make that rule dynamic, and clean up the config.

thx

Ward