Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

transferring licenses onto master controller

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  transferring licenses onto master controller

Posted May 05, 2016 02:08 PM

Hello,

We would like to move all our licenses onto our master from our locals (centralise licenses is enabled). Some have been moved already (a predecessor did these). I have just transferred the licenses on the licensing site for the latest local that we would like to move to the master, and I ran 'license add <lic key>' for both the PEF and AP licenses on the master - I got the following warnings:

(binevenagh) #license add <key>
    The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit [512]

(binevenagh) #license add <key>
    The limit for Next Generation Policy Enforcement Firewall Module has been constrained to the platform limit [512]

'show license aggregate'

Aggregate License Table
    -----------------------
    Hostname IP Address AP PEF RF Protect xSec Module ACR Last update (secs. ago)
    -------- ---------- --- --- ---------- ----------- --- -----------------------
    mullaghmore 0 0 0 0 0 10
    errigal 1024 1024 0 0 0 2
    binevenagh 3088 3088 0 0 0 6
    trostan 0 0 0 0 0 9
    knocklayd 1024 1024 0 0 0 0
    slemish 0 0 0 0 0 21
    slievenamon 16 16 0 0 0 22

Total AP License Count :5152
    Total PEF License Count :5152
    Total RF Protect License Count :0
    Total XSEC License Count :0
    Total ACR License Count :0

Binevenagh is our master, and in the output above the numbers have gone up by 1024 to 3088, so it looks ok there.

Should I worry about the warnings? I plan to delete the licenses from the local tomorrow morning but if it's going to leave us short of licenses then...!

Thanks

• 2.  RE: transferring licenses onto master controller
    Best Answer

Posted May 05, 2016 02:12 PM
    That's normal to get that message since you are installing more licenses that the controller is expected to support from an AP perspective

But it shouldn't be an issue for the controller to sharing those licenses

• 3.  RE: transferring licenses onto master controller

Posted May 05, 2016 02:24 PM

Ah ok, so because it is dishing the licenses out to the locals it should be fine, but it couldn't manage that many APs itself, have I understood right?

• 4.  RE: transferring licenses onto master controller

Posted May 05, 2016 03:12 PM

Correct