Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

turn down power on IAP 315

I have a customer that has several IAP 315s in an office area.  They are fairly close to each other (for better throughput per connection) and I wanted to turn down the signal power on each AP so there was less bleedover. All of these AP's are in a zone, how can I change the power level for these APs?

Thanks

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: turn down power on IAP 315

You would use the ARM minimum and Maximum transmit power to determine the power of an AP.  If you want all of your access points in the cluster to the same power, make the minimum and max the same. http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/ARM/Configuring_ARM-Features.htm?Highlight=arm

If you want to make an individual AP a specific channel and power, you would need to edit that AP and set the channel and power manually under the radio button.  You cannot set a min/max range for a zone.  You would have to statically configure those access points when you click on edit next to the access point.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: