Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

two sessions with same dot1x cerdenitial in the same time , is that valid ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  two sessions with same dot1x cerdenitial in the same time , is that valid ?

Posted Jul 03, 2016 05:45 AM

• 2.  RE: two sessions with same dot1x cerdenitial in the same time , is that valid ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2016 06:38 AM

Do both sessions have the same ip address?

Is this a mobile device?

• 3.  RE: two sessions with same dot1x cerdenitial in the same time , is that valid ?

Posted Jul 03, 2016 06:43 AM

the case is i configured new profile with dot1x authentication , the authentication is from local DB , and the username is : admin and password is admin123 .

i connected my pc to the ssid with above credentials , while I'am connected  my college tried to connect with same credentials , the authentication success but he didn't get ip address , he got apipa IP !

• 4.  RE: two sessions with same dot1x cerdenitial in the same time , is that valid ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2016 06:48 AM

Two different devices can have the same credentials, yes.  If you had a phone and a laptop and they used the same credentials, it is valid.  Your devices should get two different ip addresses.

What is supplying DHCP?  

• 5.  RE: two sessions with same dot1x cerdenitial in the same time , is that valid ?

Posted Jul 03, 2016 06:49 AM

its windows server 2008 

• 6.  RE: two sessions with same dot1x cerdenitial in the same time , is that valid ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2016 07:00 AM

I found the dhcp Pool have no free IPs ,,, thank you :)