Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

unable to transfer files

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  unable to transfer files

Posted Jan 21, 2012 04:37 AM

hi,

I am unable to transfer files between different Vlan while inter VLAN routing is Enabled. I successfully ping both different subnets but unable to send files i am using TFTP 3com, when trying to send files message appears"TimeOut"

• 2.  RE: unable to transfer files

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2012 04:42 AM

What is the source OS and application and what is the target OS and application?  Make sure either host does not have a firewall enabled.

On the Aruba controller, type:

show datapathsession table <ip address of client> 

That will tell you what traffic is going back and forth and whether it is being denied.

• 3.  RE: unable to transfer files

Posted Jan 21, 2012 05:40 AM

i am new to Aruba, i am using it for testing purpose.

In my testing enviornment there are 2 PCs, 1 is connected to Controllerthrough AP 61 having IP address like:192.168.2.200

and 2nd PC is directly connected to controller through CAT6 and having IP like: 10.101.14.252 both are on different VLANS, I successfully PING both PCs from each other, but unable to send file through 3comTFTP, Filezilla,.

Controller  OS is: 5.3, and the controller is 200 .

Please help me that how can i resolvethis problem . Both PCs have disabled Firewall,& antivirus

• 4.  RE: unable to transfer files

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2012 08:53 AM

@faisalkhan88 wrote:

i am new to Aruba, i am using it for testing purpose.

In my testing enviornment there are 2 PCs, 1 is connected to Controllerthrough AP 61 having IP address like:192.168.2.200

and 2nd PC is directly connected to controller through CAT6 and having IP like: 10.101.14.252 both are on different VLANS, I successfully PING both PCs from each other, but unable to send file through 3comTFTP, Filezilla,.

Controller  OS is: 5.3, and the controller is 200 .

Please help me that how can i resolvethis problem . Both PCs have disabled Firewall,& antivirus

When your users are attached, what role do they end up in?  Please see if that role is allowing TFTP by going to Configuration> Security> Access Control.  Edit the role that the users end up in and see if there is a firewall policy allowing TFTP.

• 5.  RE: unable to transfer files

Posted Jan 23, 2012 01:56 AM

I can't get access.

My directly connected serve to the controller 200 has an IP address : 10.101.2.250

and a PC that i wish to join or make client of the server got IP from AP63 is 10.101.2.251

It successfully ping each other when trying to use follwing command in RUN

\\10.101.2.251   or  \\10.101.2.250         from one another  message appears "Network Path not found"

and when i replace AP connected pc to Wired connection got same ip i.e 10.101.2.251 then it works fine.

I am unable to understand that what is going on..

Help me,

Tahnks

• 6.  RE: unable to transfer files

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2012 07:16 AM

When a client is connected to the Aruba Controller, that client has a role.  You can see a list of clients and their role in Monitoring> Controller> Clients.  What is the role that your client that is connected to the AP61 get?