Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

upgrade AMP to 7.7.10

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  upgrade AMP to 7.7.10

Posted Mar 27, 2014 07:54 AM

Does anyone have steps for upgrading AMP firmware to 7.7.10? I am new to aruba and have never done a firmware update. how would i back up and revert to the a previous version if it fails? any help would be geatly appreciated thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: upgrade AMP to 7.7.10

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2014 08:18 AM

It depends on your current version.  If it's 7.5 or above, ssh as "root" to the CLI.  You should have a root password which was created when AMP was installed initially. If you do not know it, open up a support case and they can assist.

In the cli, enter:

start_amp_upgrade -v 7.7.10

It will then prompt you for your support credentials and then start the upgrade.

• 3.  RE: upgrade AMP to 7.7.10

Posted Mar 27, 2014 09:56 AM

current version is 7.7.9, do i need to donwload the file first before running the cli command?

• 4.  RE: upgrade AMP to 7.7.10

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2014 10:04 AM

No - that commands will go grab it for you

• 5.  RE: upgrade AMP to 7.7.10

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2014 10:52 AM

Just to make it clear, the start_amp_upgrade command will grab the file only if your AMP has access to the internet.  You'll know if you have such access if you see the username and password prompt (this prompt is triggered by the support.arubanetworks.com site).

In a closed environment that doesn't have this access, then you'd have to download the upgrade package from the support site and then SCP it into /root (the start_amp_upgrade command looks for the file in /root by default -> if you choose a different location for the file, then you can use the '-f' flag to point to that directory).

• 6.  RE: upgrade AMP to 7.7.10

Posted Mar 27, 2014 03:56 PM
      |   view attached

Kyle

Attached you have the proccess I follow for my enviroment where we have a master and failover in diferent locations.  I've been using  this proccess since 7.6.4 above and it is working.  In my case,  I always start with my failover and stop the service until the new version in installed on the master to avoid the failover become the master and losing the license.

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Antonio

Attachment(s)

• 7.  RE: upgrade AMP to 7.7.10

Posted Mar 27, 2014 08:55 AM
    Do you have Master and failover ?