Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

vap aruba000 vlan is 202. not discovering tunnel vlan

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  vap aruba000 vlan is 202. not discovering tunnel vlan

Posted Feb 07, 2012 12:06 PM

Im getting thta message on my AP on console

~ # vap aruba000 vlan is 202. not discovering tunnel vlan
    vap aruba100 vlan is 202. not discovering tunnel vlan

Everything seems to be working fine but i want to know why  im getting that message? or what is it ?

I got this AP attached to a Switch in just one default vlan which is the same vlan of the Wireless controller

In the configuration i just got one VAP configured on that profile  which carry the vlan 202.

Now i can connect to the SSID and i m on that vlan on the wirless and everything its okay but im curirous of why i get that message or what does it mean to me?

• 2.  RE: vap aruba000 vlan is 202. not discovering tunnel vlan

Posted Feb 07, 2012 12:44 PM
    You can safely ignore that message. It will be removed in future code (6.2 most likely). What is means is that the AP doesnt have to discover the VLAN used by the SSID because it is already in the configuration. I am not sure in what circumstance the AP WOULD have to discover the VLAN.

• 3.  RE: vap aruba000 vlan is 202. not discovering tunnel vlan

Posted Feb 07, 2012 01:50 PM

I bealive it will have to discover the vlan when im using it as Air monitor an i trunk to detect aps as rouge ??

Correct me if im wrong please.

Thanks for your asnwer.

Cheers