Wireless Access

MVP

warehouse quetion

[ Edited ]

I was wondering if a warehouse which has a heigh of 9.40meters

A AP 135 with their downtilt antenas would be fine to reach with good signal to PDTs  on 5ghz band? 

I mean from the AP is facing down to the ground where the PDTS and the users are :)

Anyone has any experience with this? :)

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

Re: warehouse quetion

[ Edited ]

Nightshade1,

Both the AP105 and the AP135 have built-in downtilt Omnidirectional Antennas and would provide ground coverage at 9M on the 5ghz band.

Please take a look at Chuck L's Warehouse Presentation at Airheads here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/tkb@tkb/92/1/Airheads%20Barcelona%202010%20-%20RF%20Design%20for%20Retail%20Warehousing%20Manufacturing.pdf  It is the definitive guide as to how we approach warehouses and distribution centers at Aruba.  It will give you additional considerations about what you should look for when deploying in a warehouse.  Mounted at that height in open space, RF travels much further than in a regular office building with obstacles.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Thanks Collin!!!

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba

Carlos,

AP10X, AP13X and AP22X are all good to as much as 40m of height.

Due to the directionality of the antenna pattern, the beamwidth points straight down in a cone shape.   So your gain is roughly the same no matter where you stand in the beam.

Obviously free space loss comes into play, but at typical warehouse/DC heights with this pattern we still deliver near maximum data rate at ground level.

-cl
MVP

Yeah  i know about the parttern of the antena and what does downtilt antena because of your video, thanks for that! hope you keep doing those.

But im was not sure about the heigh  thats why i was asking, for a specific case of a AP135 with internal downtilt antenas which like you said in your video it goes like a cone :)

40m would be  ok for example a ap135 on 5ghz? or on 2.4ghz? because well 2.4ghz goes farther.

Guess it also depents on the PDTS antenas?  if they are crappy then that would be less  meters right?

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba

You get great performance on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz from our indoor APs up to 40m height.

-cl
MVP

Thank you!!

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
MVP

I'm arriving to this conversation late, but I'll add that we're using AP93 in a warehouse of similar height with no coverage problems.

The access-points can "see" each other over the tops of the shelves better than the clients can see the access-ponts, so we've had to tune ARM a bit, but the coverage at the floor level has been great.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Contributor II

I'll also jump in late and add a question to your post Matthew. What kind of alternations to ARM have you done to prevent the APs from going to low on signal strenght?  I have a similar installation where APs see eachother very well in the ceiling and therefore lowers their transmit power and that makes the clients, 15m down, get low signal.

Thanx!

Chris

MVP

does your pdts support 5ghz band?

If so you can use it, you got a bunch of channels in there so that they can see each other wont be any issue...

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: