Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

what is the best deployment scenario for 4 controller with FAST fail over mechanism?

I have 4 controllers and I need to understand what is the best deployment scnario for AP fast faiil  so I can have to achive the best availability ,aslo I have more than 1200 AP so how can install lic keys shall install all lic key on one controller or shall I desterbute the the lice keys.

MVP

Re: what is the best deployment scenario for 4 controller with FAST fail over mechanism?

There's a whole lot we would need to know to give you a good answer to that question - how many locations, what kind of bandwidth between locations, what kind/frequency of failure your are worried about.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Frequent Contributor II

Re: what is the best deployment scenario for 4 controller with FAST fail over mechanism?

we have 4 controllers in same campus and we need to have actiive active solution for Ap fast failover for morethan 1200 AP we need to hhave 50% of APs to be on Controller 1 for example and the backup for them is the controller 2 and we need the other 50% of the access point to be on controller 2 and the backup for them shall be controller 1 ,but we have in oir case 4 scnarions so where shall I terminate access points and what is the best license disterbution that I shall do ,shall make alllic on controller or shall I diterbute the lic keys?

Guru Elite

There are many ways to design your failover.  You should engage a consultant or Value Added reseller so that all of your options can be explored.  It can be complicated or simple, depending on the specifics of your environment, but you should speak to someone who knows everything about your network and what you want to accomplish to advise you properly.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

DSP
Contributor II

Aruba_Network_Engineer wrote: 
[ ...] what is the best license disterbution that I shall do ,shall make alllic on controller or shall I diterbute the lic keys?

In terms of Licensing, Centralized License is the way to setup your licenses . http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/Multi__Network.htm

DSP

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: