Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

what is the best scenario to configure 4 controller in the same building ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  what is the best scenario to configure 4 controller in the same building ?

Posted May 12, 2014 12:32 PM

I need to know   what is the best scenario to configire 4 controllers and they have the full license capacity for 400 access points what is the best scnario and how to do it?

• 2.  RE: what is the best scenario to configure 4 controller in the same building ?

Posted May 12, 2014 01:32 PM

May I model of controller and access points ?  We may also need to understand what type of clients/application/Business cricality/application used on network/APtype of deployment so that we could better design/plan to impement WLAN.

• 3.  RE: what is the best scenario to configure 4 controller in the same building ?

Posted May 12, 2014 03:52 PM

2 controller 6000 series and 2 3600 ,can I terminate a specifeic access points on each controller for example 100 access point on each one?

• 4.  RE: what is the best scenario to configure 4 controller in the same building ?
    Best Answer

Posted May 12, 2014 04:06 PM

Yes absolutely you can load balance the access points between controller as long as AP can talk to controller and find the master.

You can configure LMS IP and Bkp-LMS ip from AP system profile on the controller ap-group.

LMS-IP -- this would be primary ip address of the master controller where AP would try to talk to and terminate GRE traffic

Bkp-LMS IP -- this would be secondary basically fail over mode when primary is not reachable or in failure.

Sriram