Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

when testing LDAP it gives " authentication server is out of service " !!

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  when testing LDAP it gives " authentication server is out of service " !!

Posted Dec 06, 2016 05:11 AM

• 2.  RE: when testing LDAP it gives " authentication server is out of service " !!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2016 06:06 AM

That is usually because the LDAP server is not answering.  It could also because you have incorrect credentials defined in your LDAP server so it is not answering.

• 3.  RE: when testing LDAP it gives " authentication server is out of service " !!

Posted Dec 06, 2016 06:10 AM

i tried " aaa query server-name admin-DN " 

but it gave me authentication failed , and tried show aaa authentication-server ldap test1 status m it gave me adminbound -> no .

can you clarify the credentials for me !!

• 4.  RE: when testing LDAP it gives " authentication server is out of service " !!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2016 07:38 AM

Most ldap servers require you to define a user to "bind" to the LDAP directory.   Have you seen the article here?  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-LDAP-on-the-Aruba-controller/ta-p/184056

In my opinion, LDAP is the least flexibile but most troublesome authentication method.  I would look into doing Radius for your authentication, if possible.

• 5.  RE: when testing LDAP it gives " authentication server is out of service " !!

Posted Dec 06, 2016 07:42 AM

yes i saw it m but its not clear ! any way thank you for your response .

• 6.  RE: when testing LDAP it gives " authentication server is out of service " !!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2016 07:47 AM

There has to be a service account used to authenticate users.  That is the "admin DN" account.  You enter that account's password in the password field when you define the LDAP server.  If you define that correctly, adminbound will become "Yes".