Wireless Access

MVP

which internal database?

using the internal database for captive portal in a master / local configuration. which database is used for clients accessing APs on the local controller?

Guru Elite

Re: which internal database?

boneyard wrote:

using the internal database for captive portal in a master / local configuration. which database is used for clients accessing APs on the local controller?

By default, the internal database on the master controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

thank you (as always) :)

that sounds like it is possible to use another internal database? where can that be configured?

Guru Elite

boneyard wrote:

There is only one local database, and it exists on each controller.  Your only option is whether the internal database is on the local controller used, or the one on master controller.  It is the master controller, by default.  On the local, there is an option in the local database to override this and use the database on the local, instead.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

where could i find that settings on the local controller, it doesn't really jump out to me when checking the local database config in the GUI.

Guru Elite

boneyard wrote:

where could i find that settings on the local controller, it doesn't really jump out to me when checking the local database config in the GUI.

If you SSH into the local controller, you can do this:

config t

aaa authentication-server internal use-local-switch

It should also show up on the local controller in the GUI under Security> Authentication> Internal DB.

***These settings will ONLY show up if a controller is configured as a local.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: