Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

Posted Sep 22, 2016 05:14 AM

My notebook using windows 10 can not login to office " wifi domain with radius". Can connect to by using utp cable to network and connect wifi to another " guest zone" ( this guest zone without radius).

Aruba 800 System. .

• 2.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 05:16 AM

Did it ever work before?

• 3.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

Posted Sep 22, 2016 05:19 AM

• 4.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

Posted Sep 22, 2016 05:22 AM

The Wifi been working with no issue on windows xp, windows 7 , windows 8. windows 8.1 can login to WIFI domain with radius....... 

• 5.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 05:38 AM

Who configured the wireless on the Windows XP, and Windows 8.1 laptops?  The same person should configure the Windows 10 laptop.

• 6.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

Posted Sep 22, 2016 08:32 PM

Im the one who configure the laptops, notebooks and workstations to login to Aruba Wifi with radius on windows xp,windows 8.1 but dont why it wont work in Windows 10? 

• 7.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 08:47 PM

Are these all domain devices?

What do you use to configure the windows laptops?

• 8.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

Posted Sep 22, 2016 09:12 PM

Yes, all domain devices.

normally would be like this:-

• Login to device using whatever account is already setup
    • Go to Network and Internet then Network and Sharing Center
    • Set up a new connection or network
    • Select Manually connect to a wireless network
    • Enter Network name, select Security type (WPA2-Enterprise) & Encryption type
    • Press Next, then select Change connection settings
    • Go to the Security tab
    • Change network authentication to Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) then select Advanced settings
    • Check Specify authentication mode: change drop list to User or computer authentication
    • Click on Save credentials
    • through everything to finalise your connection settings

then should be able to connect :-

But for windows 10 it is keep on show "connecting"?

• 9.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 09:33 PM

That would happen if your Windows 10 laptop does not trust the Radius Server Certificate.  What CA issued your Radius Server Certificate?

• 10.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 23, 2016 07:09 AM

If it is just Windows 10, please check if your RADIUS server supports TLS1.2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3121002

Please be advised that the way you configured your clients might be insecure. You did not mention if you configured the 'Validate Certficate' option in your clients, and if you have not enabled or locked-down the certificate validation your clients may expose their credentials to a malicious access point; and the used MS-CHAPv2 authentication is 100% guaranteed crackable (to the password hash, that can be used to access your network).

• 11.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

Posted Sep 30, 2016 05:29 AM

How do I check on the Internet Authentication Service in the Windows Server whether it support TLS 1.2 ?

• 12.  RE: windows 10 can not login to my office wifi domain radius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2016 08:30 AM

Are you running IAS? I think that has been replaced by NPS in Windows server 2003, but for sure in Windows Server 2008: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb892033(v=vs.85).aspx

Quite sure that Windows 2003 will not do TLS-1.2; and that version including IAS is no longer supported by Microsoft.

And according to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2719195 , Windows 2008R2 server does not support TLS 1.2 either..

I googled Microsoft NPS TLS 1.2, and if you add the name of your version you probably will find out.