Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network

Posted Jul 22, 2015 01:58 PM

I know XP is out of support, but for the few that are in our environment I'm having trouble authenticating over 802.1x.  The wireless card kicks back "windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network".  Even after making some changes to the properties (Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card) with the 802.1x option selected and trying both options of Smart Card or other certificate or PEAP, it still doesn't connect.

• 2.  RE: windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 03:06 PM

Which are you trying to use? Username/password or client certificate?

• 3.  RE: windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network

Posted Jul 22, 2015 03:10 PM

Domain username and password.  Cert gets pushed out via ClearPass.

• 4.  RE: windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 03:12 PM

So you're doing single SSID onboarding? (Username/password first then the Onboard process that switches to EAP-TLS)

• 5.  RE: windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network

Posted Jul 22, 2015 03:19 PM

I know we did an OB test SSID but this one isn't it.  So on a Win 7 device for example, I connect to the SSID, put in my domain credentials, I get prompted to trust the cert and onward I go.

• 6.  RE: windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 10:55 PM

So it sounds like it works on Windows 7 then? I'm confused.