Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

wrong timeline in usage diagram

Hi,

we use Airwave since 6.x as 32bit version and upgraded it to 7.5.3 as 64bit version with a complete new installation and importing a backup.

now i have 2 problems:

1. the time in the usage diagram is wrong. ( about 6 hours behind) the others times in logs are fine.

2. in visualRF all ap's are displayed as incorrect placed. we use accurate floorplans ( +-10 cm).

how can i fix this both issues ?

maddi

Guru Elite

Re: wrong timeline in usage diagram

Please open a case with Airwave support.  The issues you mention deserve special attention to get to the bottom of the problems.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

hi cjoseph,

should i open a case because of the timeline or the incorrect placment message ?

Guru Elite

Because you restored a backup to a new system.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

What were the steps used to upgrade?  We support AMP upgrades for up to 2 releases.  This is described in: http://www.airwave.com/support/knowledge-base/?sid=50140000000Mf7D

Example:

Upgrading to 7.5.5 64-bit from 7.1.3 32-bit

1. Take backup off of 7.1.3 32-bit AMP

2.  Fresh install with 7.1.3 64-bit ISO

3.  Restore backup

4.  Upgrade to 7.3.7

5.  Upgrade to 7.5.5

The reason why a 6.x backup will not restore properly on a 7.5.5 AMP is because of changes made to the database.  As new features are added, new tables are added.  The restore process expects to fill all columns and rows of a data table.

Rob

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Occasional Contributor I

hi rgin,

we do a step-by step update if a new release was there.

we dont upgrade in one step. we do to the latest 32-bit then make a backup and install at the same machine the 64-bit version and import the backup. after this the problem with incorrect placed AP's cames out.

should i replace the ap's ?

Was the upgrade from 6.x to 7.5 done recently?  If so, it sounds like you skipped a known issue that happened in 7.2.

It's documented in this KB article:

http://www.airwave.com/support/knowledge-base/?sid=50140000000adZE

I've never tried to run the fix on 7.5.  If you've already moved a few APs, then the above fix won't work.  This is probably something that can be better handled in a support case, but here's what I'd do to get the placement back:

I'd find an old backup from 6.x.  Install the matching version on an extra server (for temporary use) - we'll refer to this server as New-AMP.  Restore the backup on New-AMP.  Upgrade New-AMP to 7.2 following the upgrade steps.  Run through the fix from the KB article noted above on New-AMP.  Verify placement after going through the fix on New-AMP.  Upgrade New-AMP to 7.5 following the upgrade steps.  Double check the VisualRF on New-AMP.  Take a VisualRF backup from New-AMP.  Then delete the floor plans on the current-AMP.  And restore the fresh made VisualRF backup from New-AMP on current-AMP.

Otherwise, the alternative is to manually move all APs on each floor plan.

Rob Gin
Occasional Contributor I

hi, i moved a few ap's on the floor plan and saved it, but they still appears as wrong placed :-/

Yeah, manually moving the APs will cause the fix to not work.  Do you have a lot of APs / Floor plans?  If you don't then manually moving is probably the best way.  Otherwise try opening a support case, they should be able to create a VisualRF backup from your older data if you don't have a spare server to run through the steps.

Rob Gin
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: