Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 16 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

HP to aquire Aruba - say it aint so...

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  HP to aquire Aruba - say it aint so...

Posted Feb 25, 2015 11:56 PM

This would be the saddest news ever!  Every bit of wireless gear HP has ever aquired has turned to garbage, and then HP slaps their logo on it and then their managment platform.. Ugh...

• 2.  RE: HP to aquire Aruba - say it aint so...

Posted Feb 26, 2015 01:29 AM
    Yes...I heard about it yesterday also..Does are really sad news.
    But as far as i aware it's still only talks...Lets hope it will not happens.

• 3.  RE: HP to aquire Aruba - say it aint so...

Posted Feb 27, 2015 08:11 PM
    please.dont sell Aruba

• 4.  RE: HP to aquire Aruba - say it aint so...

MVP
    Posted Mar 02, 2015 08:49 AM

It is done!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/hewlett-packard-to-buy-aruba-networks-1425303619

Hewlett-Packard Co. agreed to buy Aruba Networks Inc. for about $2.7 billion in an all-cash deal aimed at bolstering the tech company’s wireless networking operations.

Aruba—based in Sunnyvale, Calif.—had revenues of $729 million last year, and it has reported compound annual revenue growth of 30% over the past five years, Hewlett-Packard said.

The deal values Aruba at $24.67 share, or about $3.0 billion, including cash and debt. Both companies’ boards of directors have approved the deal.

• 5.  RE: HP to aquire Aruba - say it aint so...

Posted Mar 02, 2015 10:30 AM

CRAP!  well thats it - welcome to HPruba!

I am so disappointed with this sale, and this will most likely cause us to switch vendors during our next upgrade cycle!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/business/dealbook/hp-to-buy-wi-fi-equpment-maker-aruba-networks-for-about-3-billion.html?_r=0

• 6.  RE: HP to aquire Aruba - say it aint so...

Posted Mar 02, 2015 01:24 PM

HP is the dirty snowball of the tech world.  They roll downhill mashing in everything they can absorb.  Buried somwhere in that muddy mess are the bones of Compaq, Digital Equipment Corp, Palm, 3COm, Mercury Interactive, Bitfone, Voodoo PC, Snapfish, Texas Instruments and much more.  Did any of these make HP more relvant in the market?  No.  Just a bloated meandring giant good at not much. Even their printers (which were good hardware) have suffered from a decade long decline in software quality.

Acquisitions are always negative.  The acquired will eventually suffer and languish as a less important cousin to the central family. Cisco's done it, Microsoft does it constantly.  Suddenly there is a change  at the top and last year's darling acquisition is put on a starvation diet.

This is a sad day for Aruba.

• 7.  RE: HP to aquire Aruba - say it aint so...

Posted Mar 05, 2015 07:27 PM

I think things will be fine for at least the next couple years. It's a promising sign that Dominic and Keerti will be in charge of the combined organization. Assuming that they stay and are allowed to lead the way they want to, the future looks good. If they leave or aren't allowed to lead with their vision, then I would be concerned...

• 8.  RE: HP to aquire Aruba - say it aint so...

Posted Apr 16, 2015 11:06 AM

@scottm32768 wrote:

I think things will be fine for at least the next couple years. It's a promising sign that Dominic and Keerti will be in charge of the combined organization. Assuming that they stay and are allowed to lead the way they want to, the future looks good. If they leave or aren't allowed to lead with their vision, then I would be concerned...

Isn't this how it starts though?  CEO is said to maintain the same role or control as before, then a year later they leave the company because things didn't really work as promised?  History often repeats itself.

• 9.  RE: HP to aquire Aruba - say it aint so...

Posted Apr 16, 2015 11:41 AM

I think this case looks more promising than most of those situations, especially since Dominic Orr has been at HP before, but we shall have to wait and see. I'm optimistic for the moment.