Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 11 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

How about a partner reminder for renewals for end users support?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How about a partner reminder for renewals for end users support?

Posted Oct 20, 2013 03:42 PM

I would be awsome if there were some kind of portal that you had all your clients and when their APS and controllers or any aruba device support expire!

For now im doing it manually which it take a lot of my time sometimes.

This will help us to give aruba more money! as we would be aware when a device of a client is expiring and we will remind them! that their APS are expiring on support and they need to renew it!

You guys think this would be possible to introduce it to the partner site?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: How about a partner reminder for renewals for end users support?

Posted Oct 20, 2013 04:29 PM

Love the idea myself...

Today we try to be pro-active by having our Service Renewals team reach out to the Partner-on-Record 30-60 days in advance of a renewal becoming due.

Not an exact science, however helps to ensure that the due-dates don't 'sneak up' on everyone.

I like a self-service "portal" world for sure... 

Any other vendors doing this today that you can identify?  (Always easier to see what has worked for others instead of re-inventing wheel)

JF

• 3.  RE: How about a partner reminder for renewals for end users support?

Posted Oct 20, 2013 04:43 PM

Not that i can see... Fortinet does the renewal remenbering to the partners by email.  The other vendors my company manage they dont remenber to anyone for example alcatel does not remind you anything or do anything about renewals as fari know.  But you can renew the support! like with aruba but noones reminds you.

But you know what it might happen on the US  but in latin america i dont get any Service Renewals team reaching me  out to the Partner-on-Record 30-60 days in advance of a renewal.

I have to know that by my own and well what can i do? i got an excel file with my clients and when do it expire their APS... but you know this take time...

But  thinking as a company i would not need to hire a bunch of people to remind my partners of this...

Maybe having a few just checking the renewal is done.  and if its not he will remind the partner of the selft servie portal.

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: How about a partner reminder for renewals for end users support?

Posted Oct 20, 2013 04:50 PM

Now i think you would not even need to hire anyone for that job... guess you can make the self service portal remind you by email that someone needs to renew an AP or controlelrs.  So basically it will be all automatically.

Cheers

Carlos

• 5.  RE: How about a partner reminder for renewals for end users support?

Posted Oct 20, 2013 08:43 PM

Seems we should improve our communications in your region.   The emails and pre-emptive notifications are working up here in Canada.

I would discuss with your Channel contact at Aruba as to when that can be extended down your way.  Would only make sense to expand what we have already working elsewhere IMO.

JF