Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 15 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I add a user rule via the cli?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How do I add a user rule via the cli?

Posted Sep 17, 2014 02:21 PM

Hello,

I am new to all things Aruba. What I'm trying to do is add a user rule via the command line. I just don't know what the command is. I took a look at the manual, but I might not be looking for the right keywords as I couldn't find it. Aruba OS is version 6.3.1.8. If I didn't post this in the right forum, please move it or alert me and I'll repost in the appropriate section.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: How do I add a user rule via the cli?

Posted Sep 17, 2014 04:31 PM

What exactly are you trying to create?  This chaper on Roles and Policies should help get you started.  You'll need the PEFNG license for it to work.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS%206_3_1_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Firewall_Roles/Firewall_Roles.htm

• 3.  RE: How do I add a user rule via the cli?

Posted Sep 18, 2014 08:40 AM

Thanks for the reply. Basically, I am creating a web form where users can register their wireless devices with the Aruba controller. So I want to write a script to SSH into the controller and run the command to add a user rule.

• 4.  RE: How do I add a user rule via the cli?

Posted Sep 18, 2014 08:59 AM

Also, I'm looking to add a user rule not a user role.

• 5.  RE: How do I add a user rule via the cli?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2014 11:10 AM
    (config) #aaa derivation-rules user <udr-ruleset-name>

set role:

(user-rule) #set role condition <bssid,dhcp-option,dhcp-option-77,encryption-type,essid,location,macaddr> <contains,ends-with,equals,not-equals,starts-with> <value> set-value <role-name>

set vlan:

(user-rule) #set vlan condition <bssid,dhcp-option,dhcp-option-77,encryption-type,essid,location,macaddr> <contains,ends-with,equals,not-equals,starts-with> <value> set-value <vlan>

Keep in mind that this was not designed to be a registration-type feature. It was designed to take groups of devices that share common properties and assign a role (for example, the DHCP fingerprint of game consoles, or the MAC prefix of a VoIP phone). You may run into scalability issues.