Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 11 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

Introduce Yourselves

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Introduce Yourselves

Posted Jul 24, 2013 06:26 PM

Hi Everyone!!

I'm KaLin and I help Anton with some of the behind-the-scenes operations of the community.  I started with Lithium part time in  Sept., 2008, retired from the Postal Service on an "early out" on New Years' Eve of 2008 and transitioned to full time with Lithium on New Years' Day of 2009.  (Short retirement, huh?)  LOL

I have 2 sons -- one graduated from WVU in May, 2012 and starts grad school at Miami of Ohio in 3 weeks and the other will be a Junior at Ball State this Fall.  So I'm an empty nester cleaning up after 2 cats now.  :)

• 2.  RE: Introduce Yourselves

Posted Jul 24, 2013 06:37 PM

Hey all,

Glad we have a Water Cooler board!  My name is Larry, I reside in California and I help out around the community along with Anton and Linda.  :)

As far as some of my hobbies, I love to play video games -  I'm currently playing through the Ratchet and Clank Collection at the moment on my PS3.  Also, I am an electronic music artist and usually make songs for fun and to add something new to my iPod playlist.  

Glad to be posting with you all and hope you enjoy the new Water Cooler! :)

• 3.  RE: Introduce Yourselves

Posted Apr 01, 2014 09:36 AM

Ok, I'll bite. 

My name is Clayton, I work for Cushing Academy as the Assistant Director of Technology. We're a private co-ed high school in rural Massachusetts. 

For hobbies, I love to cook and am a diehard foodie, brew beer (previous job was at a local microbrewery), fly planes when the wallet allows and above all else I am an avid motorcyclist. 

Currently I have 7 bikes in my stable, with 5 on the road. My coworkers joke that I have one for every day of the week. I road raced at Loudon (New Hampshire International Speedway) for 3 years. I've run motorcross, I've instructed trackdays, single track/enduro's, long distance touring, etc. For days that are too wet or cold, I recently picked up a 2004 Mazda MX5 Mazdaspeed Miata to have fun with. 

Planning my 9th week at Deal's Gap this June. Twistiest road east of the Mississippi, 318 corners in 11 miles. It and the roads around it in the Smokey Mountains are a motorcycle paradise. You Left Coasters are spoiled by twisty mountain roads, we have very few in New England. Most are in such bad disrepair that you can't enjoy a spirited ride without knocking your fillings out on bumps. 

Finally I have a 10 month old Great Dane puppy who keeps me quite busy. 

Hoping to get out to Sunnyvale next budget year to do the 5 day boot camp at Aruba headquarters. The more I learn about this stuff, the more I want to know. 

• 4.  RE: Introduce Yourselves

Posted May 09, 2014 05:56 PM

Hello!

I'm Sheila and I'm a Technical Recruiter.

I came across this community because I'd like to know more about Aruba networks and operations. I am handling some positions, mostly network engineering positions.and I have little knowledge on wireless and Aruba.

So I'm here reading posts and threads regarding Aruba and networks.  Maybe i'll learn a thing or two.

Thanks.

- Sheila

PS:  Also anybody interested in new career opportunities especially network engineering, please contact me at sbacalso@bdata.com.

• 5.  RE: Introduce Yourselves

Posted May 15, 2014 09:37 AM

Hello all!

I'm Jon, and I'm the Sr Network Admin for Concordia University St Paul (CSP). We just became an Aruba customer and I'm excited to start getting our gear to work with it.

A little background about me and our setup. I've been with CSP for 9 years. We have a small I.T. staff so my role actually involves: servers (physical & virtual), SAN, swithces, routers, firewalls, wireless, printers, phones (analog & VoIP), and basically anything else that connects to our network.

We were a pure Cisco shop for the past 11-12 years. This summer were putting in FortiNet firewalls, Brocade switches, and Aruba wireless. It'll be a busy summer, but our students and staff should notice a vast improvement come this fall.

• 6.  RE: Introduce Yourselves

Posted Jun 27, 2015 11:11 PM

Hello Everyone! My name is Robert and i live in Indianapolis, IN. I just passed the ACMA exam friday afternoon and i really look forward to growing my knowledge working on Aruba wireless platforms. I am married and have a 5 year old son. We really enjoy fishing, hunting and playing sports. I wish everyone the best and let mw know if anyone needs anything!

• 7.  RE: Introduce Yourselves

Posted May 27, 2017 09:28 PM

Hello, first post here.  I'd like to ask a question but am not seeing a button to make a new topic.