Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 15 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a quick-start guide for an Aruba 6000 controller?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Is there a quick-start guide for an Aruba 6000 controller?

Posted Sep 23, 2014 10:03 PM

I just received an Aruba 6000 controller and can't figure out how to get it to function. I was in the web interface earlier today, but I had to reset the controller. Basically, I reset the device and went through the CLI setup and setup the IP address as requested, but I can't get into the Web Interface by typing that address into Chrome. 

Some additional info:

ArubaOS Version 3.4.3.2

6000 Controller with a Supervisor Card and Line card

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be forever grateful. Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: Is there a quick-start guide for an Aruba 6000 controller?

Posted Sep 23, 2014 11:06 PM
    Did you get the licenses off the controller? how was the device reset? write erase?

• 3.  RE: Is there a quick-start guide for an Aruba 6000 controller?

Posted Sep 24, 2014 08:51 AM

Thanks for your response and I apologize for my slow reply in return. I did manage to backup the licenses from the web interface before I reset it (oddly enough the controller retained the licenses after a reset). To reset the device, I was in the Web interface and went to either Management or Diagnostics (can't remember which one) and hit "Clear Config" on the left-hand side.

• 4.  RE: Is there a quick-start guide for an Aruba 6000 controller?
    Best Answer

• 5.  RE: Is there a quick-start guide for an Aruba 6000 controller?

Posted Sep 24, 2014 04:18 PM

Thank you very much for the quick start guide. I will see if I can get the controller to work when I have access to it later.

Just as a side question, are the Supervisor cards permanantely licensed (AP-wise)? If I back up the licenses listed (AP license is not listed), will I still have the AP licenses?

Thank you again for all your help. I will post back and let you know if I can get into it and, if I can access it, I will mark your answer as correct. 

• 6.  RE: Is there a quick-start guide for an Aruba 6000 controller?

Posted Sep 26, 2014 09:00 AM

I figured out the issue (finally!) and I feel rather dumb for not seeing it earlier: on the GBIC I was using, it says "GBIC exceeds maximum power specifications. Auto-negotiation must be disabled on host." and I completely ignored that. Now my controller is sitting happily in my rack and it's chugging right along.

Thanks for all your help!