Wireless Water Cooler

Occasional Contributor II

Is there a quick-start guide for an Aruba 6000 controller?

I just received an Aruba 6000 controller and can't figure out how to get it to function. I was in the web interface earlier today, but I had to reset the controller. Basically, I reset the device and went through the CLI setup and setup the IP address as requested, but I can't get into the Web Interface by typing that address into Chrome. 

Some additional info:

ArubaOS Version 3.4.3.2

6000 Controller with a Supervisor Card and Line card

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be forever grateful. Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks in advance!

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Is there a quick-start guide for an Aruba 6000 controller?

Did you get the licenses off the controller? how was the device reset? write erase?

Thanks for your response and I apologize for my slow reply in return. I did manage to backup the licenses from the web interface before I reset it (oddly enough the controller retained the licenses after a reset). To reset the device, I was in the Web interface and went to either Management or Diagnostics (can't remember which one) and hit "Clear Config" on the left-hand side.

Guru Elite

Here is the quick start guide for AOS 3.4

http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Method/attachment/Default.aspx?EntryId=6288

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP

Thank you very much for the quick start guide. I will see if I can get the controller to work when I have access to it later.

Just as a side question, are the Supervisor cards permanantely licensed (AP-wise)? If I back up the licenses listed (AP license is not listed), will I still have the AP licenses?

Thank you again for all your help. I will post back and let you know if I can get into it and, if I can access it, I will mark your answer as correct. 

I figured out the issue (finally!) and I feel rather dumb for not seeing it earlier: on the GBIC I was using, it says "GBIC exceeds maximum power specifications. Auto-negotiation must be disabled on host." and I completely ignored that. Now my controller is sitting happily in my rack and it's chugging right along.

Thanks for all your help!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: