Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 15 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

RF Capacity page. Where do I go to find out what to do if I have dots in the pink area?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RF Capacity page. Where do I go to find out what to do if I have dots in the pink area?

Posted Jan 28, 2015 12:21 PM

I want to learn how to use airwave better but I am not sure where to start.

• 2.  RE: RF Capacity page. Where do I go to find out what to do if I have dots in the pink area?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2015 01:12 PM

Screenshot, please?

• 3.  RE: RF Capacity page. Where do I go to find out what to do if I have dots in the pink area?

Posted Jan 28, 2015 01:21 PM
      |   view attached

Thank you for the response.  I am including an image.  I am not looking for the answer.  I am more looking for where to start learning about how to use the airwave product.

• 4.  RE: RF Capacity page. Where do I go to find out what to do if I have dots in the pink area?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2015 01:54 PM

You should start here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=14111

By the way, your screenshot says that your RF utilization is too high.  Ways to possibly remedy that:

- Reduce the number of SSIDs you are broadcasting

- Enable Drop Broadcast and Multicast on all of your Virtual APs

- Find and remove interference

- Ensure that your access points are not too close together (less that 50 feet can be too close)

- Ensure that the MAX tx-power in your ARM profile is not more than 18 on the 5ghz.  You might want to reduce this to 15 on the 2.4 ghz if that is where your issue is.

- Remove lower rates on your SSIDs.

• 5.  RE: RF Capacity page. Where do I go to find out what to do if I have dots in the pink area?

Posted Jan 29, 2015 12:21 PM

Thanks for your help.  I read through the document and it is a good starting point.  I will look into all your suggestions.  I don't understand all of them yet but hopefully with a little research I will.