Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 8 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

Posted Oct 01, 2014 01:20 PM

Can someone help me -

I am trying to run a report in airwave to display the Input Capacity of all the WAPs?

(To identify all APs connected at 100M)

I can see the information under APs/Devices->Monitor

Wired Interfaces

Interface Name MAC Address Clients Admin Status Operational Status Type Duplex Aruba Port Mode Input Capacity Output Capacity
    Enet018:64:72:C8:9F:420UpUpgigabitEthernetFullN/A100 Mbps100 Mbps
    Enet118:64:72:C8:9F:430UpDowngigabitEthernetAutoTunnel--

I just can't find the right variable in the report and I don't know psql well enough to find it via command line.

Thanks,

Phil

• 2.  RE: Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

Posted Oct 01, 2014 02:46 PM

I've asked a similar question before and have placed a feature request on the "ideas" site. I've not looked in version 8 to see if they've added this.

I found the following commands that might be helpful. This is the first I've looked at this and don't have any idea where the info for speed is stored..

Put the databas schema into a file named amp_schema

pg_dump -Uairwave airwave --schema-only > amp_schema

Export all fields from the table ap to a csv file. I don't know if what is needed is in this table or not.

dbcsv "select * from ap" > aps.csv

• 3.  RE: Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

Posted Oct 01, 2014 03:13 PM

I'm not sure if what I'm looking at is right, but this might provide what you need.

dbcsv "select ap.name,interface.if_speed_in,interface.oper_status from ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1"

• 4.  RE: Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 01, 2014 03:29 PM

This shows the type field:

dbcsv "select ap.name,ap.type,interface.if_speed_in,interface.oper_status from ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1" > intspeeds.csv

Type ID and AP Type

270, rap2

296, 105

369, 175

415, rap3

464, 225

Again, I'm making this up as I go, but it looks sane. 

• 5.  RE: Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

Posted Oct 02, 2014 10:01 AM

Works like a champ - thanks much!!!

• 6.  RE: Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

Posted Oct 02, 2014 10:34 AM

You are welcome. This thread helped me too. There are several APs running at 100 Mb that should be at 1 Gb. It also points out where we still have old 100 Mb switches.

• 7.  RE: Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

Posted Nov 06, 2014 01:50 PM

Here is an updated version of the script that might be a bit more useful. It puts the ap info into a file, sends the file as an attachment, and then deletes the file. Someone that writes shell scripts can probably clean it up a bit.

dbcsv "SELECT ap.name,interface.if_speed_in/1000000 AS connection_speed FROM ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1 AND (ap.type=296 OR ap.type=369 OR ap.type=464) ORDER BY connection_speed,ap.name" > ./intspeeds.csv
    echo "Access Point Port Speeds" | mail -s "Port Speeds" -a intspeeds.csv userid@somecompany.com
    rm ./intspeeds.csv

• 8.  RE: Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

Posted Feb 01, 2018 08:18 AM

Where do I run this script? Launch a ssh or telnet window to the Airwave server? Or can this also be ran in the GUI?

• 9.  RE: Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

Posted Feb 01, 2018 08:31 AM

I'm not sure if this is available in the current version of the GUI. The script I used was via ssh and the CLI on a previous version. The current version of Airwave restricts shell access. I'm not sure if there is a way to access the database with these restrictions. I tried running the script on the current version when TAC had opened a shell and it didn't work and I didn't have time to debug it. Good luck.