Wireless Water Cooler

New Contributor

Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

Can someone help me -

I am trying to run a report in airwave to display the Input Capacity of all the WAPs?

(To identify all APs connected at 100M)

I can see the information under APs/Devices->Monitor

Wired Interfaces

Interface Name MAC Address Clients Admin Status Operational Status Type Duplex Aruba Port Mode Input Capacity Descending Output Capacity
Enet018:64:72:C8:9F:420UpUpgigabitEthernetFullN/A100 Mbps100 Mbps
Enet118:64:72:C8:9F:430UpDowngigabitEthernetAutoTunnel--

I just can't find the right variable in the report and I don't know psql well enough to find it via command line.

Thanks,

Phil

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Report of all WAPs connected at 100 Mbp

I've asked a similar question before and have placed a feature request on the "ideas" site. I've not looked in version 8 to see if they've added this.

I found the following commands that might be helpful. This is the first I've looked at this and don't have any idea where the info for speed is stored..

Put the databas schema into a file named amp_schema

pg_dump -Uairwave airwave --schema-only > amp_schema

Export all fields from the table ap to a csv file. I don't know if what is needed is in this table or not.

dbcsv "select * from ap" > aps.csv

Frequent Contributor I

I'm not sure if what I'm looking at is right, but this might provide what you need.

dbcsv "select ap.name,interface.if_speed_in,interface.oper_status from ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1"

Frequent Contributor I

This shows the type field:

dbcsv "select ap.name,ap.type,interface.if_speed_in,interface.oper_status from ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1" > intspeeds.csv

Type ID and AP Type

270, rap2

296, 105

369, 175

415, rap3

464, 225

Again, I'm making this up as I go, but it looks sane. 

New Contributor

Works like a champ - thanks much!!!

Frequent Contributor I

You are welcome. This thread helped me too. There are several APs running at 100 Mb that should be at 1 Gb. It also points out where we still have old 100 Mb switches.

Frequent Contributor I

Here is an updated version of the script that might be a bit more useful. It puts the ap info into a file, sends the file as an attachment, and then deletes the file. Someone that writes shell scripts can probably clean it up a bit.

dbcsv "SELECT ap.name,interface.if_speed_in/1000000 AS connection_speed FROM ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1 AND (ap.type=296 OR ap.type=369 OR ap.type=464) ORDER BY connection_speed,ap.name" > ./intspeeds.csv
echo "Access Point Port Speeds" | mail -s "Port Speeds" -a intspeeds.csv userid@somecompany.com
rm ./intspeeds.csv

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: