Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 10 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

VRRP and 6.3 Cental Licensing

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VRRP and 6.3 Cental Licensing

Posted Dec 11, 2013 03:41 PM

I'm about to jump into the 6.3 UG and see if I can figure this out but I'm wondering how centralized lic in 6.3 would work with VRRP redundancy.

I have (2) 3600 controllers configured with VRRP with one being master and the other in standby mode. We would like to upgrade to 6.3 and take advantage of centralized licensing so that each time we add a RAP or AP we don't have to buy 2 times the licensing to be fully redundant.

Can you use centralized lic feature along with vrrp?

• 2.  RE: VRRP and 6.3 Cental Licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2013 04:21 PM

Yes...you should be all set.  You have master redundancy configured or is one controller the master and the other the local?  

Either way, you will be fine and post upgrade, you will have DOUBLE the capacity if you've been buying redundant licenses along the way!

Take care

• 3.  RE: VRRP and 6.3 Cental Licensing

Posted Dec 18, 2013 02:48 PM

If I could follow up with a question, I am too testing the Central Licensing with two 3600 controllers.  Is it correct that 3600 can manage only 512 licenses per controller?

• 4.  RE: VRRP and 6.3 Cental Licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2013 02:52 PM
    The 3600 can only terminate 128 Access Points. If it is acting as the master controller for centralized licensing, you can install exponentially higher amounts of licenses because of that.

Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  RE: VRRP and 6.3 Cental Licensing

Posted Dec 19, 2013 04:09 PM

I am planning deploy 6.3 with Central Licensing.  My WLAN have two 3600 master-master redundance and multiple local controllers.  My total APs are more than 1000 production + 1000 redundance .  If two 3600 master-backup can only manage 512 each (512 production and 512 redundance licenses), then I can not deploy Central Licensing.

Thanks,