Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 10 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

unlicensed AP

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  unlicensed AP

Posted Feb 24, 2014 10:29 PM

Currently I have an Aruba 620 Controller with a pair of AP125's and license for a total of 6 AP's.  I have another pair of AP124's that I wish to activate and preconfigured one about a week ago and it came up just fine.  But then I unplugged it and put it aside until I was ready for it.  Well, today I plugged it back in and the controller told me that I did not have a valid license for it.  

Well I am scratching my head on this one because a week ago I preconfigured it and it was working.  Now it will not.  Can anybody help?

• 2.  RE: unlicensed AP

Posted Feb 24, 2014 10:48 PM

What is the output of the following on that controller.  Also, is this a standalone environment (1 controller)?

show ap license-usage

• 3.  RE: unlicensed AP

Posted Feb 24, 2014 10:57 PM

This is a standalone controller with, I hope, 4 AP's (2 AP 125's and 2 AP124's).  I am attaching a couple of screen shots that I think will help.

• 4.  RE: unlicensed AP

Posted Feb 24, 2014 11:32 PM

Your problem is that you have 6 AP licenses, but only 2 PEFNG licenses.  When you have PEFNG and/or RFP licenses installed in addition to AP licenses, they need to match.  If they do not, the lowest denominator is used.  

• 5.  RE: unlicensed AP

Posted Feb 25, 2014 11:26 PM

Do you know if this is a non-expiring license or do I need to purchase the LIC-PEFNG-1 license every year?

Thanks for all your help.

• 6.  RE: unlicensed AP

Posted Feb 26, 2014 09:23 AM

All licenses are perpetual; but you'll need to pay for support.

To support your additonal 2 APs, you'll need LIC-PEFNG-2.  To match your 6 AP licenses, you'd need a LIC-PEFNG-4.