Wireless and RF

New Contributor

Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR

Greetings. I am new here, but we've been Aruba customers for years now.

I am trying to install a SSL cert on our master wireless controller. I created the CSR, and got the Cert back. When I attempt to import the cert, it generates that error in the subject line above:

Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

I have tried two different certs, both 2048 bit keys. I've tried different names, using passphrases and not using passphrases, PEM cert format, and Server Cert as the Cert Type. Nothing has worked with these publicly generated SSL Certs. When I used a DER formatted cert generated by the Alcatel TAC, I was able to successfully load it.

My code version is 3.4.2.5 on a Sup II card. Upgrading code is not an option for me right now. Any help is greatly appreciated. This expired cert issue is causing massive Help Desk tickets from our students (Guest wireless users) who are getting Server Certificate Expired pop-up warnings. They are however able to ignore the pop-ups and connect, it's just a pain for them, which creates a pain for us (me).
Guru Elite

Re: Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR

Since you cannot upgrade your controller, is there a possibility of putting that certificate on your radius server, instead and removing termination on the controller?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR

Its for captive portal with open authentication.
New Contributor

Prakash is right. We run NPS/IAS on a domain member server (Win Server 2010) for Radius services.

This is for Captive Portal.
Aruba Employee

So the certificate eventually loaded into the controller?

If so, and you should see the new certificate listed in the GUI, then it should be just a matter of updating the Captive Portal profile to use the new certificate.

New Contributor

Negative.

As soon as we try to upload the new Cert it returns the following error:

Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store
Contributor I

Did you generate the CSR from the same controller that you are trying to upload the cert to? If not, try that and see if it makes a difference.
New Contributor

Yep. CSR came from same controller. :confused:
Guru Elite

You mentioned that you got a certificate from TAC, is the case still open? If so, you probably have to rely on them to figure out what is the problem is. If not, it might be worth it to upgrade, to put this behind you.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: